In The Community
Innovapost has been a committed supporter of local charities throughout Ottawa, Mississauga and Toronto since the company was founded in 2002. We are very pleased that in that time, Innovapost has gained a reputation as a company that cares about its communities.
To date, Innovapost employees and their families have raised over 1.6 million dollars to support amazing charitable organizations, including: The United Way, Make-A-Wish® Eastern Ontario and the Ottawa 67′s Adopt-A-School Program.
A cornerstone of Innovapost’s charity fundraising efforts is the company’s Community and Charitable Events Committee (CCE). The CCE was formed to create a bottom-up, employee-led team to bring Innovapost into the community and to provide focus and support to those initiatives proposed by our employees.
For more information about Innovapost’s commitment to social and community responsibility, please contact us at: email@example.com.
December 24, 2012
- This past Christmas morning, Innovapost was able to warm the hearts and put smiles on the faces of 67 senior citizens from three different residences in Ottawa, Hull and Aylmer. This was thanks to funding provided by the Innovapost Community Charitable Events Committee and 36 Innovapost “elves” across all locations, who contributed to the cause by purchasing and wrapping gifts.
A group of Innovapost volunteers and family members as well as two volunteers from the “Foyer du Bonheur” residence delivered the gifts to the seniors’ residences on Christmas Day. Many of the seniors became emotional when they opened up their gifts. The smiles and tears of joy touched our elves probably more than the recipients – confirmation of how important this program is and the difference it makes in the lives of these seniors.
December 13, 2012
- This past holiday season marked the 6th year that Solar Drive has sponsored the Children’s Aid Christmas Program in their community. A team of Solar Drive employees wrapped, shopped and loaded up gifts for distribution to the three families sponsored by Innovapost this year.
A long list of items were purchased, including toys, arts and crafts, books, clothes cosmetics/toiletries, movie passes, electronics and gift cards. In addition to everything purchased by the employees, they were also able to donate $1,350 in gift cards for food, which was greatly appreciated by the Children’s Aid since their food supplies were running very low. Leslie, the Children’s Aid Coordinator, extends her thanks to Innovapost.
December 10, 2012
- This past December marked another successful year that Innovapost has contributed to the Shepherds of Good Hope (SOGH) Christmas Hamper program. Over the years, our fundraising efforts and company donations have helped hundreds of families in our community.
Muffin Monday, Christmas caroling, a Food-a-Palooza lunch, a Craft and Bake sale and little chocolate Christmas mice were among just some of the activities that helped us raise over $2000 this year. Our total contribution included $875 direct support to 4 families with the SOGH Program, $1,200 direct donation to SOGH Ottawa as well as 25 lbs of non-perishable food and a bucket full of loose change.
November 12, 2012
- A generous and selfless team of Innovapost men “changing the face of men’s health” sported the infamous “Mo” (or some sort of random facial hair somewhat in the shape of a moustache) during Movember – all in support of Men’s Health, specifically, research into Prostate Cancer and men’s mental health.
They raised a lot of eyebrows…and awareness for the cause. Because of their brave Mo-growing efforts and support from family, friends and their Mo Sistas (the women in their lives), they contributed $500 to Movember Canada. Congratulations and thank you for helping to raise awareness of Movember at Innovapost.
October 29, 2012
- Innovapost is “Making Change Happen” through our 2012 United Way Ottawa workplace campaign, which kicked off at the Kanata Empire Theatres and Islington Golf Course in Mississauga on October 19-20. During the launch, the “lights went out” literally – leaving employees in the dark for a few seconds - but all part of the game plan to introduce our “Power to Make Change Happen” theme. Volunteers cascaded down the aisles throwing glow-in-the-dark wrist bands and beach balls into the crowd while dancing to the “We’ve Got the Power” theme song. It was a very dramatic and enthusiastic introduction to help kick-start our Fall Festival program.
We planned two fun-filled weeks of fundraising activities, including; a CN Tower climb, Halloween Director dress-up, office potluck, chair races, road hockey challenge, flour power bake sale, baby picture contest, silent auction, and many more fundraising events, all with our “power” theme. The campaign then culminated with an Appreciation Day Carnival in Mississauga and Charity Challenge in Ottawa where employees enjoyed “power” games, food and lots of great memories.
Our fundraising efforts across all offices and our online employee pledging combined with our corporate matching, resulted in an amazing $267,000 contributed to The United Way. Now, that packs a pretty big “powerful” punch!
September 29, 2012
- Of the many special moments shared by the 300 participants who attended the Innovapost Share the Power of a Wish® Walk/Run on September 29 – Barney’s surprise visit marked one of the most memorable highlights of the day! Danny would agree!
Danny, a Make-A-Wish® child suffering from Dravet's Syndrome, was amazed that his most favourite character in the world – Barney – was there in person to pay him a surprise visit and to give him a very special hug. He was so touched that he wouldn’t let go of Barney’s hand, hoping he could bring him home with him.
It would be hard to top the excitement Danny felt from seeing Barney, but Danny then received the exciting news that he and his family will get to spend time with Barney at Walt Disney World® in Orlando, Florida over the Christmas holidays at the Give Kids the World village. Danny’s wish granting ceremony, orchestrated by two Innovapost Wish Grantors – touched our hearts and brought smiles to all of us there – including Danny!
August 11, 2012
- On August 11 and 12, Innovapost’s 8-person cycling team participated in the annual MS Bike Tour. Team members completed either a 1 or 2 day tour of 75 to 150 KM between Ottawa and Cornwall. Between personal fundraising efforts and the support of Innovapost, the team raised $7,300. Over 500 cyclists participated in the tour this year, raising $415,000. Congratulations to the team and many thanks to our supporters and to our group of volunteers who helped out at the event.
July 7, 2012
- Now, this is recycling at its best! It’s quite unbelievable that the milk we buy in the plastic bags each week at the grocery store can be recycled into bed mats for the many people living in developing countries.
There is a province-wide network of volunteers who have been working on this recycling project for about 7 years now. Innovapost’s involvement in this initiative is all thanks to a Solar Drive employee, who was introduced to the concept through her son’s baseball team. She then brought the idea back to Innovapost and it has taken off from there. Employees across all the offices, bring in their plastic milk bags to work. Several people at Solar Drive are spending their lunch hours, cutting the bags and working on the loom (which was handcrafted by the employees). Together, with students from Saint Marcellus Elementary School, seniors from Richview Senior Residence, Orchard View Living Centre resident, Marjory Cole (who has a connection to an Innovapost employee), we are making mattresses for the Canadian Food for Children Warehouse in Mississauga.
June 12, 2012
- Clubs were swinging on Tuesday, June 12 at the inaugural White Coat Golf Classic presented by NCI at the Loch March Golf and Country Club. Innovapost, Event Sponsor, is very proud to have had the opportunity to help organize this event in partnership with The Ottawa Hospital Foundation. Our participation in this event is a true testament to our commitment to The Ottawa Hospital White Coat Campaign.
Over $24,000 was raised and will be used by The Ottawa Hospital Foundation to purchase life-saving equipment and to fund cancer care, emergency care and research.
June 12, 2012
- Congratulations to the Innovapost cycling team for their participation in Canada’s largest charity cycling event – the Becel Ride for Heart in support of Heart and Stroke. The team joined 13,000 cyclists on June 3rd, travelling a 25-75 km route. They raised a total of $2,389, surpassing their initial goal, all thanks to the generosity of fellow colleagues, friends and family. Your energy and commitment to this cause is tremendous.